Updated: Jan 24
Wolf symbolism and meaning are rich and multidimensional.
Those born with Wolf Medicine in their soul, deeply understand how to help balance the world and aid in the creation of a more fertile and abundant ecosystem for all. So this moon can be seen as a blessing to us at such a pivotal point in time.
Working with the Energy of the Wolf Moon
The moon herself is known as a symbol for the feminine energies, and a full moon offers the highest level of illumination during January. Yet the Wolf Moon asks us to use intuitive instinct in soft ways. Manifestations of evolution often occur behind the scenes, in shadow, before we “see the light” or the end-product of our vision. Reminding us that progress is sometimes subtle.
The gifts of this full moon come to our senses like steam rising over sacred waters marbled with frosty stillness. In a recent meditation I was given the visual of a frozen lake, with blocks of ice melting away and drifting downstream. This symbolises the energy of the cold winter, just starting to 'break away', and to remember there is a flow to the 'melting of the ice' that invites us to embody more patience, but also to trust in the natural warming process as we move slowly towards Springtime.
As a Spirit Animal, Wolf comes to support and teach us about matters of personal power, balance, self-control, and our animal instincts, they remind us of our innate connection with nature and initiate a craving for freedom. Wolves are often misunderstood by many to be aggressive, in fact, wolves go out of their way to avoid fights. However, when they want to be heard, or when they want to deter an attacker, they will stand their ground. Wolves are incredible examples of standing in the seat of your own power.
Wolves have a highly developed “third eye” or “sixth sense.” Wolf is also very smart, loves autonomy, and has a strong social character. When you walk with Wolf, you’ll discover your intuitive nature blossoming alongside a healthy sense of self-confidence. Remember, your soul still remembers what it feels like to be wild and free – to trust your feelings and choices! Look at the ordinary world in an extraordinary way!
Wolf sometimes appears when we face challenges for which we feel less than prepared. Wolf reminds you that you have all the tools in your spiritual treasure chest to handle this effectively. Take a step back and see with fresh eyes. We often tend to overlook the gifts from nature that are already within us; life has an order and rhythm. When you run with a pack, there is a sense of community, and when you’re alone – liberation - which do you feel you need most at this time?
Sometimes Wolf calls on us to become the Lone Wolf, who breaks away from that pack to discover the Sacred Self. During times of aloneness, you rediscover your dreams and passions.
Wolves are vastly expressive; they use their howl to communicate with one another over large distances, and perhaps this wolf moon is inviting you to release pent up emotion in your throat chakra - howl and connect with your inner wolf to allow this level of self-expression through.
Wolves are also phenomenally resourceful. January is a brutal month in the northern regions. The frigidity of winter crunches life to a stand-still in the wild, it’s a time of “sink or swim” to all wildlife exposed to the elements this time of year. Yet wolves often thrive during this lean month. They are designed to handle the brutality of cold quite well. Perhaps we can use the resourcefulness of the Wolf to reconsider our options in life. Maybe what seems bleak in our life is actually an invitation for opportunity.
Join us on Zoom on Wednesday 27th Jan for a Full Moon Meditation to reveal hidden truths, activate your intuition, connect to your inner resources and release your throat chakra.
Date: Weds 27th Jan 2021
Time: 8.30pm (Dubai Time)
Bring: Candle, Pen & Paper
If you aren't able to join us for the Live Meditation, you can do your own ritual using the following steps:
Wolf Moon Ritual
1) Prepare your space; light some candles, burn some incense, take several deep cleansing breaths, and call in the energy of winter, and the Wolf. In quiet meditation see if Wolf has a gift or a message for you.
2) Call in the energy of the moon, see if she has a message for your Divine Feminine energy (this applies to both men and women). She is the softness, the ability to 'be' without having to 'do'/prove anything, and the vessel with which to receive.
3) Write down what parts of your life are causing you the most struggle at this time, and then see how these can provide insights into what you need to do to harness the gifts within this adversity. Are adjustments needed? A change in perspective? Or is this bringing strength and wisdom to you that you hadn't previously seen?
4) Thank the energies and release them, and connect into your own body, allowing your intuition to show you whatever you need to see/feel/hear. And breathe in your power, your truth and your sovereignty.
5) Burn any pages from step 3 that are ready to be released.
Wishing you a beautiful and illuminating Wolf Moon!